2013 Opening Keynote for Int'l Assoc. of Workplace Professionals
2013 AFLV West Conference: Keynote Speaker
2012 PFA Keynote Speaker
2011 AFLV Central Conference: Keynote Speaker
2011 AFLV West Conference: Featured Speaker
2011 SEPC: Featured Speaker
2010 NGLA Conference: Opening and Closing Keynotes
2010 "Rookie of the Year" for CAMPUSPEAK
"Mike Dilbeck can hold a room as well as anyone I have ever seen!"
— Dave Louthan, Bank of America Chicago Marathon
In his keynote speech entitled RESPONSE ABILITY: Being an Every|Day Hero, Mike Dilbeck — Founder & President of the RESPONSE ABILITY Project and professional motivational speaker — is helping individuals from all walks of life understand how seizing upon an opportunity to act can dramatically change their community and allow them to be an everyday hero — for others, for organizations and for issues. He uses live texting with the audience and video clips to frame the discussion, giving audience members new tools for confronting harmful behavior they see from others.
In this challenging and motivational keynote, Mike reveals the nature of this social epidemic and the barriers many of us feel when we consider whether or not to act. Mike gives audience members three powerful tools for when they see unhealthy or negative behavior in their lives.
Mike can present his keynote for organizations, communities and companies. His keynote for college students is appropriate for all groups, and it has been especially popular for fraternity and sorority leadership training. Consider it also for residence life training, student-athletes, emerging leaders events, peer education groups, wellness programs and more.
Mike's keynote is also the perfect opening or closing for a local Every|Day Hero Campaign for your community!
Note from the speaker
"This is our opportunity to empower the 80% of individuals who make the right choices. It's time for them to stand up, say something and act when they see the other 20% making choices that bring down their communities."
Feedback on Mike and his program
"As someone that has brought Mike Dilbeck to campus recently, let me reiterate how AMAZING this keynote is, and it's impact on students. I actually had audience members walking out of the keynote using the language of bystander intervention and its strategies!"
- Dan Faill, Loyala Marymount University
"Mike's keynote helped the students look to the future and reflect on how the actions they take today can determine the legacy that they create for others who may stand where they once did. It was important for me that the students have the tools so that they can be role models and leaders of change for not only their chapters, but their greater campus community and world."
- Elizabeth Doyle, Elmhurst College
"Mike's passion for the topic of bystander behavior was evident throughout his presentation. His key points were illuminated by thoughtful examples that the audience members really responded to. Mike used humor to discuss a very serious subject and that was a big success at our national convention."
- Sandy Davis, Leadership Director, Alpha Delta Pi Sorority
"Mike started a trend on our campus. We are going to continue RESPONSE ABILITY training in small groups this year and I believe that will greatly impact lasting change. The most effective part of the presentation was the defining of bystander behavior along with the video examples. Mike was awesome to work with — I couldn't have asked for anything better!"
- Tom Breunig, Associate Director of Greek Life, University of Arkansas (Fayetteville)
To book Mike
Mike is available to speak for schools, organizations, companies and communities. Click here to visit his personal website and to get more details.
To download Mike's bio and/or publicity head shots, visit our Press Center.