Helping students take the leap to go beyond bystander behavior and unlock solutions to problems on their campus
The RESPONSE ABILITY Project empowers individuals to go beyond bystander behavior, intervene in problem situations and be an every|day hero. While the project fosters personal development, it also teaches individuals to empower others to do the same.
Mike Dilbeck, Founder & President of the RESPONSE ABILITY Project, shares very powerful practices for when we see unhealthy or negative behavior among our peers. These messages have already dramatically changed campuses all over the country. This led to the creation of the interactive workshop, PersonalPower: A RESPONSE ABILITY Workshop.
CAMPUSPEAK, the leading agency for speakers and workshops for higher education, offers this 6-hour workshop to explore personal and organizational values, what bystander behavior is, what barriers keep us from intervening, intervention styles and skills and concludes with an action plan and commitment to lead with integrity and fulfill the Every|Day Hero Pledge. This workshop is targeted to impact behaviors like hazing, drug/alcohol abuse, sexual abuse/assault, bullying and discrimination on college campuses.
By taking part in this workshop, students will:
- Identify personal and organizational values and recognize actions congruent or incongruent with them
- Understand the barriers that keep bystanders from intervening when problematic behavior arises
- Demonstrate proactive strategies for intervention
- Commit to being a person of action – living out values and confronting unhealthy behaviors
- Develop supportive relationships with fellow participants
- 5-6 hour interactive workshop
- 1 to 2 CAMPUSPEAK facilitators (depending on the size of the group)
- Great as part of an existing training and/or retreat
Who is this ideal for?
- Fraternity and Sorority Organizations
- First-Year Experience
- Residence Hall Associations
- Orientation Leaders
- Student Organizations
For more information and/or book this workshop, contact Liz Kelly with CAMPUSPEAK at (303) 745-5545 or click here to send her an email.